Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (for merchants) and Lucky Grahak Yojana ( for consumers) are two schemes announced by Government of India. The objective of the schemeis encouraging people to migrate to cashless digital payment mode. Digi Dhan Vyapar Yoajan aims to encourage merchants and traders to opt for more payments through digital payment methods. Lucky Grahak Yojana is for consumers. The schemes are in continuation to the demonetisation and Digital India efforts by the Government
What is Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana?
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana aims to encourage merchants and traders to opt for more receipts through digital mode of payment. For a merchant and trader to participate in the scheme he shall facilitate digital payments. His customer shall do digital payment through any of the following mode to settle the bill.
The scheme is made applicable from back date. The Digital payments made from November 8, 2016 are eligible for the draw. The effective period of the campaign is from 8th November 2016 to 13 April 2017. The scheme runs for 100 days.
The lucky draw started on 25 December 2016.
The purpose of the scheme is to 1. Attract more fresh users towards digital methods and 2. Encourage digital methods for more payments. To ensure maximum participation, minimum limit of Rs. 50 and maximum of Rs.3000 are stipulated. All transactions between these limits are eligible for lucky draw. As the number of settlement through digital modes increases, chances for prizes also increases. Transactions where amount exceeds Rs. 3000 are not eligible for the draw.
Weekly Prize To Lucky merchants/Traders
Merchants and traders who accept payments through digital modes will have a chance to win Rs. 50,000, Rs. 5,000 or Rs. 2,500 . Under the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana, a total of 7000 merchants and traders will be selected as winners through lucky draw every week.
The Mega draw would be held on 14th April 2017, with the following mega prizes.
First prize – Rs 50 Lacs
Second prize -Rs 25 lacs
Third prize – Rs 12 lacs
What are the prescribed payment modes to be eligible for Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana?
Prizes would be given to those merchants and traders who accept payments through any of the four cashless/digital payment methods.
1. Unified Payment Interface (UPI) – UPI is a mobile app based payment system. Most of the banks has launched separate UPI based mobile application or integrated UPI with existing mobile applications. SBI Pay, Lotza, Axis Pay, Pockets and PNB UPI are some of the standalone UPI applications launched by banks. Transactions made through UPI based applications are eligible for the Lucky Draw.
However, transactions made through wallets which are not UPI based, Master/Visa/Maestro cards or net banking are not eligible for participation in the draw.
2. USSD *99# Banking – Customers who have no internet or smart phone can also carry out digital payments. USSD system of payment is meant for customers who use feature phone. To use this payment mode the customers have to dial *99# from the phone, and select the required service from the list.
3. Adhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) – AEPS system allows to carry out digital financial transaction even without mobile phone, internet or signature. AEPS enables transaction through PoS (MicroATM) being carried by the Business correspondent of any bank. Authentication is done through Adhar and finger print. The merchant uses Aadhaar payment app to get money.
4. Rupay Card – RuPay card is the debit card (ATM card) launched by NPCI for domestic transactions through ATMs or POS machines. All JanDhan Account holders have been issued with RuPay debit cards.
How does the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana Work?
The scheme is only for those transactions that go through the NPCI platform. NPCI manages transactions through RuPay card, UPI, USSD, IMPS and AEPS. However, for the Lucky Grahak Yojana, the payment through IMPS is not included.
1. For every transaction, an ID is generated automatically on completion of the transaction. NPCI collects all these transaction IDs of a given period.
2. A lucky draw is conducted using specially developed software for the draw by NPCI
4. The selected transaction IDs are communicated to the bank to which payment is received. The banks identify the account holder of that transaction. It happens within 24 hours.
5. The bank gives the details of the winner to the NPCI.
6. The NPCI credits the prize amount to the account using the Niti Aayog funds.
How to ascertain if prize status under Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana?
1.Go to the https://digidhanlucky.mygov.in/ website
Click Consumer button Merchant button (Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana particiapnts)
2.In the box that appears, enter the mobile phone number registered with your bank to which the POS terminal/ other application is provided
3.You will receive an OTP in your mobile phone. Enter the OTP in the box that appears in the middle of the screen
4.Click the Try Your Luck button
5.The message that appears shows if you have won under the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana